Looking forward to ...

I was cruising around my account at Amazon and found my list of pre-ordered books; I got really excited because I had forgotten about a few of them and realized I still need to read some of the previous books of a few of these! I also have a habit of re-reading all the series when a new release comes up - I might have to revisit that habit, though - there’s a lot of new ones in the pipeline.  Here’s my list (for now) of the releases I’m eagerly awaiting.  (All the links are to the kindle version on Amazon)

March 4:

Half-Off Ragnarok: An Incryptid Novel

::crossing my fingers for the reappearance of the Aislin mice::

Words of Radiance (Stormlight Archive, The)

Squee!  My second most anticipated release.  Sanderson’s writing is so accessible, and the world is detailed and fascinating.

March 11:

The Fell Sword (The Traitor Son Cycle)

Oops!  I still need to read the first one.

Night Broken (A Mercy Thompson Novel)

I love Mercy Thompson and can’t wait.

April 22:

The Target

David Balducci - I always love a good thriller

May 6:

The Crimson Campaign (The Powder Mage Trilogy)

Another series that I’ve yet to read the 1st book...

Field of Prey

Lucas Davenport is back! I adore the way Sanford writes dialogue - I can always hear his characters' tone and inflection in my head :)

May 27:

Skin Game: A Novel of the Dresden Files

My most anticipated book of all - Harry Dresden for the win!

June 10:

Written in My Own Heart's Blood: A Novel (Outlander)

I just reread this series, and the previous book to this left quite a bit unresolved, so I’m hoping this book tidies up a few of those threads.

June 27:

Shattered: The Iron Druid Chronicles, Book Seven

I’ve thoroughly enjoyed the Iron Druid series and looking forward to revisiting it when this comes out.

July is packed!

July 1:

The Shadow Throne: Book Two of the Shadow Campaigns

Yet another where I need to still read the first book before plowing into this one.  I’ve read a lot of positives about Wexler’s writing, though, so am hoping for a great read.

Tower Lord (A Raven's Shadow Novel)

Hmmm - am seeing a trend now - gotta read the first of this one too...

July 8:

Half a King

Abercrombie - love him

July 29:

Magic Breaks (Kate Daniels)

Kate Daniels - another fun series

August 5:

The Magician's Land: A Novel (Magicians Trilogy)

I wasn't as jazzed about this trilogy as some of the others, but it was still well written and it's the final one - I've got to know what happens.

August 26:

The Broken Eye (Lightbringer)

This series has such an interesting magic system.  Looking forward to reacquainting myself with it.

October 28:

The Wolf in Winter: A Charlie Parker Thriller

My third most anticipated release - well, maybe tied for second.  Spooky thriller yay!  I love Connolly’s tone and atmosphere, and most of all his characters and their relationships.  Really looking forward to this and to revisiting the series.

January 20, 2015

Burned: A Fever Novel

I’m looking forward to seeing more of Mac and Jericho and less of Dani, pretty please. Oh - and hoping to get a better feel for who/what Dancer is.

ETA to fix an apostrophe malfunction